Monday, August 22, 2011

Australian Furniture Guild Shows 1958 to 1965

My Husband and I are both slightly obsessed with Mid century design, particularly chairs. When I say slightly, our Study/guest bedroom is almost packed to the ceiling with furniture that doesn't fit anywhere else our little house, and don't get me started on the garage. Our house is quickly becoming the "house of chair".

Ben found this amazing set of images from the Sydney Guild Furniture Show in 1965 on the State Library of NSW website. It's amazing to see these pieces as they looked when first released. We have a few pieces from some of these makers that have stood the test of time in terms of workmanship/construction and design. Oh to be at that Furniture show...

 Fler display

 Parker

 Parker

 Parker

 Parker

 Parker



  Parker dining room-divine!



 Parker Knoll

 Parker Knoll Study

Vynoid display, I've never heard of this brand but love the brandname

Many an hour could be spent looking at these fantastic historical images. I'm off to make a cup of coffee and daydream for a bit...

2 comments:

  1. THis is my cup of tea! Great post. Will have to pass along to my Australian husband now. How's the new computer dream coming along? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great are the displays? Still no new laptop, hopefully in the next week or so, I'm dying without it!

    ReplyDelete