Sunday, September 18, 2011

Computer says "no" and Moon Lantern Festival

I have been MIA as my laptop has died. It had a huge crack across the screen that was slowly getting bigger and bigger. Elias knocked a glass of  Red wine into the last one which then expolded, so this the second one in about 3 years. I want a shiny pretty new one, but computer nerd Husband is practical as ever and is trying to hunt down a good (read cheap) deal online. I'm crossing my fingers we can meet half way and get something that is shiny, pretty and reasonably cheap.

We went to the Oz Asia Moon lantern festival last week, a fantastic event in Adelaide. There were lots of new lanterns this year, and the biggest turn out so far, about 20,000 people which is huge for Adelaide.


Fantastic fireworks after the parade

Smiling boy before burning of beautiful lanterns

Elias was devastated when they set some lanterns alight on the river this year. He kept saying "but they were so beautiful they should have kept them for next year". Poor little boy, there were tears. 

Cute little You tube video of the event below:


They had great food stands and I had delicious Sakura Mochi, one of the best I've ever tasted. A great night all round.


1 comment:

  1. Hope you get the computer you want!

    We celebrated the mid-autumn festival too with mooncakes and lanterns. I had a little paper one :)

    ReplyDelete