Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Preserves and channeling Martha

We've been on a bit of a budget since I left my job late last year, and that combined with trying to waste less has led me to rediscover preserve making. I feel like an such an old Lady, but I love it!

I have given away so many jars to friends, but we still have this stockpile to get through:



So far I've made quince paste and jelly, tomato and lime chutney, tomato relish, peach chutney, pickled beetroot, Japanese daikon and other veggies. We had a bumper crop in the veggie patch after a very rainy summer in Adelaide, thanks to global warming...

Our friends gave us a huge bag of oranges on the weekend, so today made orange marmalade with this recipe, Karen Martini's glace oranges, and this orange and yoghurt cake I saw on The Martha Stewart show. They all worked really well and I will definitely make that cake again, low fat and delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment